It pays to plan ahead so you can have the retirement you desire. An IRA is a great way to prepare for your future. If you are under the age of 70 1/2 with an income, you are eligible to open a traditional IRA.
- Contributions are tax deductible*
- Interest earnings are tax deferred
- Can begin withdrawing at age 59 1/2
- Early withdrawals are subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals begin at age 70 1/2
- No maintenance fees
- FDIC insured
*Consult with your tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing your first home, and others.